21 August, 2014

Clothes off the floor!

Hooray!  My closet bar is back in place and I got all of my clothes hung up again.   And bonus -- it didn't fall down in the night!  I threw away three bags of clothes when I was packing last weekend and I feel like I've got only what I wear, but I suppose there are a few more things I could toss.  I'll go through it again when the weather changes. 

During noon knitting I got all of the ends taken care of for the Venomous Tentacula and then picked up the Iwi and did a row.  It had been quite a while since I had picked it up and I looked at my row counter -- oh, row 4.  So I did row 4.  It wasn't until I had finished it that I realized ... duh ... that I should have turned the counter and done row 5!  Mind you, this is the pattern that I changed from knit flat to knit in the round and I'm reading the lace pattern backwards on even numbered rows.  There is no way in the world I could tink that back.  I think my best bet is to just pretend I didn't do that and carry on with row 5.  I mean really -- what else can I do?  It's either that or frog the whole thing and use the yarn for something else.  I'm not there yet.

I was quite keen on getting that lace yarn wound last night, so I got my swift and ball winder out and went to it.  It has been a long time since I've used lace weight yarn.  I can't even remember -- maybe when I did the Frost Flowers Shawl?  That yarn was on a cone so I didn't have to wind it.  Therefore I was not prepared for such an ordeal.  Each skein is 1000 yards.  That's 10 football fields!  It took me almost 30 minutes for each skein!  My arms were getting so tired I had to keep switching right and left.  Also I made some little jerk now and again so each ball has a funny little loop or two that I know are going to cause problems down the line.  Anyway I'm going to try to cast on tonight for the Melon pattern shawl.  I have to use a provisional cast on and I'm increasing the original pattern from 70 to 90 stitches, which will make it a little wider with two extra pattern repeats.  Fun!  Not fun, really.  I don't like provisional cast on.  I did one last time that wasn't so bad -- if I could remember where I found the instructions.  Ah well .... it'll be fine.

It felt a little chilly this morning.  I almost wished I had gloves.  It does move in quickly, doesn't it? 

No comments: