07 August, 2014

Don't rush it!

For some reason this year I've been getting happy birthday greetings early.  I love love love that people remember, absolutely.  I'm not complaining exactly.  I just don't like to rush time.  Unlike a child who counts the days until their next birthday, after one reaches a certain age we are not all that eager to add another digit.  I already have a hard time saying how old I am out loud.  And now I've got to add another year!!  I can wait another day.  But thank you all.  Really. 

I had a wonderful pre-birthday eve day yesterday.  Wednesday knitting with my girls after such a long lay off was so nice, especially in MaryEllin's comfy and air conditioned conference room.  I hadn't picked up my project for nearly a week.  It won't be long now before I'm done.  Then I treated myself to a little early exit and headed to the mall.  I've got this wedding to attend on the 16th and I hadn't decided what I wanted to wear.  Then I remembered that I have a really cute pink ruffled dress that I bought last year before I went to California to stay with my sister.  And on Sunday I had seen a really cute lace cut out jacket that I thought would work well.  So I headed to the mall, found a necklace that will add a little sparkle to the outfit, found the last jacket in my size (score!) and then went to DSW and found a pair of lower heeled sandals with rhinestones on the buckle that will complete the ensemble.  I have a feeling that this wedding will be outside and I didn't want sharp heels that sink into the grass.  I am well pleased.

Ah --- then I went home and got Tink and we stopped in at BevMo where I found a simply gorgeous bottle of Pouilly Fuisse - my favorite.  [As a side note, I have GOT to get back to Beaune.  I was so jealous of Deirdre and Eoghan.  That's where they were when I was in Paris.]  I had it chilling while I prepared a lovely chicken salad.  Then I cranked that air conditioner, took a cool shower and sat down and I even knit!  It has gotten a bit cooler lately and with the air conditioner blowing on me and keeping the bulk of the project to my side rather than on my lap I was able to complete quite a few rows. 

Tonight .... tonight on my birthday eve we have the most wonderful entertainment of all.  The Seahawks pre-season football game against the Broncos.  It doesn't start until six so I'll have time to get my dog walked, my little chores completed, a salad composed and I'll be all set.  Go Hawks!

No comments: