04 June, 2015

Blankie progress

I got back on the horse, so to speak, with noon knitting and got two or three rows done on the baby blanket.  Then I got right back to it when I got home, after Tink's walk, etc.  It is growing but still works on the 32" bamboo circular.  This weekend I really should search out one of the two long Denise cords I have and frog whichever project is on that needle.  I will certainly need a longer needle at some point soon.  The blanket will end up with over 500 stitches when all of the increases are done.  I estimate I've got about forty more rows to go and, at approximately 30 minutes a row .... that is a bunch of knitting left on this project!

I got my YarnBox Luxe yesterday.  I keep hoping for cashmere but this time we got seven skeins of Shibui Linen.  That's a lot of yarn, as in probably enough for a cardigan if I don't want to make another wrap, which I don't.   I'd like to make a drape-y cardigan, like the Effortless Cardigan, although I have ordered the yarn to make the Summer Lace Wrap Cardigan but you can't have too many cardigans now, can you?

I finally this week finished listening to the Outlander series.  How long have I been listening to those books?  Forever it seems.  I am now listening to the St. Mary's series and, because the Outlander books were so long, I had one already purchased and credits for two more.  So I got those ordered and in my library and then I see that there's a new Shardlake book available!  Oh hurrah!  I will get it when I get this month's credits and pop it in there to break up the St. Mary's series. 

Well we're supposed to get sunshine today and progressively warmer weather as the weekend goes on.  I haven't had to water my little herbs or tomatoes for the past couple of days, but I'll need to keep up with it for the foreseeable future.  There are already little tiny tomatoes on my Early Girl plant!  And this weekend I've got to get the rest of my herbs purchased and into pots as well as flowers for some color spots and hanging baskets.  I have a busy weekend ahead of me.

No comments: