26 June, 2015

It's already hot

Oh lordy, it's going to be a long, hot day.  We are having a heat wave in Seattle and it's going to be in the 90s for the next few days.  The fan in my office does pretty much nothing.  And the house now is warmed up from the week of warm weather so there's not much comfort their either.  I think we'll have to bring the fans in tonight.

To make matters worse, I can't go to the gym today because I am stuck alone in the main office!  Monika has gotten that nasty stomach bug I had earlier this week and Bill is out at a meeting all morning.  I'll have to content myself with a walk up to the Ave at lunchtime.  I need some Clinique things anyway, so I can go up to the U Bookstore.  That will save me from having to go to Macy's this weekend. 

As soon as I got my chores done last night I sat down to untangle that ball of yarn.  It took a while, but I got it done and did a few rows as well.  I am not ready for the set up row and since there's Women's World Cup on tonight I know I will have the quiet time to do it.

Poor Tinkie got another ear infection, this time the right ear.  It's the heat causing the yeast to grow, I imagine.  She spent most of the night either in the bathroom on the cool tile or under the bed, but about 4 she wanted up onto the bed.  And then she was growling and barking.  I suspect there were critters out in the garden.  All of the windows were open, but I couldn't hear anything.  I don't have her hearing, that's for sure.  The only thing I have ever heard is a deer walk past the bedroom window.  I could hear its little hooves crunching on the gravel.  Kind of creepy.

No comments: