15 June, 2015

SO close

The weather stayed decent this weekend - as in not extremely hot - and I was able to work on the blanket Friday night and Saturday and some also yesterday.  I am 1 1/2 rows away from the bind off row.  Unfortunately the temperature is set to rise today so I very much doubt it will be cool enough to work on it tonight.  I need to get it finished so I can give it to Mai this coming weekend.  Then I can wind that beautiful linen I got from the Yarnbox Luxe and work on a light weight summer cardigan.

I was awake super early on Saturday and took advantage of it to get to Home Depot before the worst of the crowds.  I got the fence post toppers exchanged for the correct ones and then had to sit in the parking lot for a while before I could drive up to the mall.  The mall doesn't open until 10 am, so I called McG to check on his dog's operation.  Poor little thing has to wear a cone for three weeks!  Max, not McG.

Ben got in Sunday morning and I went to pick him up in the fancy car, top down.  It was a gorgeous morning and we stopped for a meal on the way home.  We sat outside and Tink was nice and content in a shady spot.  Then we stopped at the store where I had shopped for groceries on Saturday and had left the beautiful roses I bought!  The checker didn't put them into my basket and I didn't realize it until I got home.  I phoned and they put them into the cooler for me.  That was nice.  And they are gorgeous.  A really pretty coral.

I have to leave early today to get to the doctor by 3 o'clock.  I probably won't be able to get to the gym.  I still need to check the bus schedule, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to leave around 1:30 and since I don't get back from the gym until 1, I probably shouldn't go.  We'll see.

No comments: