18 June, 2015

Finished!

I finished the knitting portion and started binding off at noon knitting yesterday.  And then last night I finished binding off.  It took forever!  Tonight I'll weave in the ends and pop it in the washing machine.  It's a small blanket, but it is for a new born, so I think it's perfect.  Here is a picture of it on the dining room table. I just love love LOVE it!  And I chose to bind of knit wise rather than doing it in pattern.  I like the clean look of the edge.  It looks more finished to me this way.  Such a lovely baby pink too.  I trust it is going to wash up well.  It's Berrocco superwash, so it should be fine.  I won't put it in the dryer though.  I'd love to make another one but larger.  I made this with size 9 needles and I like the fabric.  I wonder how difficult it would be to add another layer, just reversing the last fifty rows.  Hmmmmm

But that's for another time.  Now I need to think about my linen project.  Or maybe the pretty purple very lacy project from the last classic Yarnbox.  I'll check on the website and look at the pattern.  So many choices.  Oh!  Plus I'll be getting the new Yarnbox plus Artyarns in a few weeks as well!  Yips.  An embarrassment of richest.

It was sprinkling a little bit this morning and it maybe will do it some more tomorrow.  We need it.

I am getting jazzed about football.  I have finished my audiobooks for the month and now must listen to either music or sports talk podcasts until I get my next one, which will be the new Shardlake book.  But football.  The Seahawks are having their first mini camp today.  Soon soon soon

No comments: