28 July, 2016

Animal stand off

Sometime in the night I was awakened by the strangest sounds!  It kind of sounded like a big bird - peacock like hooting - and chattering.  I figured it was a raccoon and maybe a coyote or bobcat standoff in the front yard.  I never heard any sounds of combat thank goodness.

Otherwise it was a quiet evening and night.  It was so hot when I got home.  I really had wanted to wind up that cashmere and get to work on a new project, but in this kind of heat it's crazy to try to knit with cashmere.  And I wasn't in the mood to do that silk scarf pattern from my YarnBox Artyarns even though the yarn is just beautiful.  So I sat in the back for a while, put my salad together for dinner and watched part of a movie.  Nothing sounded good and, as luck would have it, I don't have a book I'm really into now.  Tink wanted to go to bed at 8 o'clock so I joined her and played around on my iPhone for a while and then had a nice long sleep.  I feel great today and that's a good thing because I have a HUGE day today.  And then another huge day tomorrow, I suppose.  I am very much looking forward to my little trip to SoCal.

No comments: