25 July, 2016

When a bargain isn't a bargain

A few months ago I fell in love with a particular top at Chico's.  A pretty lace tunic in a nice light pink and, because it was lace you had to purchase the T-shirt to match.  Together they were just a little more than I was comfortable spending so I passed it by.  And then I saw it on sale, 75% off!  Woohoo!  I bought it after reading the reviews and figured I could wear a white sleeveless top underneath it.  It arrived Friday and I immediately tried it on with the white top and .... nope.  It did not work for me.  But no matter, I thought, I'll just go to Chico's and buy the matching T-shirt.  But there were none to be had in that color since it was last year's pink.  A woman at the store told me to go on line but they only had it left in Extra Small.  That's too small for me.  So then I had to get cagey.  I got onto eBay and I found one there in my size.  Fingers crossed it will work out.  I really really love that top!

It was a strange weekend.  The weather was grand, but I was in a very weird space.  Especially yesterday.  I was so restless.  We got Tinkerbell up to the groomers at 9 am, had breakfast at The Commons, which I love, and then did some shopping at Costco.  A little yard work - feeding the plants and new shrubs, mulching the new roses.  Oh we have tons and tons of tomatoes.  When we picked Tink up we took her for a walk.  And I did some laundry .... but I just couldn't shake it.  I'm still feeling weird.  I'm anxious to get moving - as in out of here.  But I do have my birthday trip to look forward to as well in a couple of weeks.  That'll be nice.  And we're planning a nice road trip to Oregon in September and that'll be nice too. 

Football is coming up really soon now.  The Seahawks are going to be in training camp starting Friday and pre-season starts in August.  And still we don't have our channels back.  Do I need to cancel Dish and get another TV service?  I hate Comcast!  I don't know what to do but I'm going to have to figure it out and sooner rather than later.

No comments: