19 July, 2016

The never ending picot bind off

I was very much looking forward to finishing the bind off on my Rising Dawn shawl but I don't think I am even half way done!  I worked on it until I just couldn't stand it any more.  It is so tedious!  Gorgeous though - I mean, who doesn't love the picot bind off?  However there are nearly 600 stitches at the border of this wrap and this picot is cast on 3, then you cast those off and three more.  The progress is glacial.  Not only that but for sure I'm not going to have enough yarn, although I find another bit of a Noro sock yarn colorway that I can pull until I get to a pink/maroon-ish bit that should blend in fine.  I'll give it another good long go tonight.  I'd like to finish it so I can wind some new yarn.

I have been noticing a lot more deer lately.  Sunday there was a lovely big doe at the bottom of the driveway on the side of the road, just standing there looking beautiful.  I was walking down the drive to take Tink for a walk.  She just goes NUTS when she sees one and we had to run up and down the road as she sniffed at the ground.  What a little hunter.  Oh!  Just remembered - I've GOT to get her a grooming appointment this weekend.  She really needs a haircut.  She hasn't had one since we went to Europe, so first part of May. 

Ben's in Spokane for an extra night this month, for an outing with some work dudes.  I guess they have a luxury box at a baseball game, although it's minor league so how "luxury" is that box going to be?  It will be fun, I'm sure, and quite honestly I'm a little jealous.  But it will give me another quiet night at home and, as I said, I'm just going to be knitting like a madman anyway.

No comments: