06 August, 2007

The birthday week has begun!

Rather unusually, my birthday week has started before the actual date. I don't know about you, but typically my birthday celebration starts on my birthday and just kind of keeps on for a few days. But this year my friend Ruth invited me to brunch at the Space Needle on Sunday with her son and their Japanese exchange student to watch the Blue Angels perform their air show (which is an annual Seafair tradition.) But it was also a lovely surprise b'day brunch with gifts! (My favorite? A ticket to the Seahawks season opener!) The weather was perfect, we could see the planes flying around and it was just lots of fun. The previous day I had gone to watch the Seahawks at a scrimmage and didn't get any yard work done, so my plan was to come home from the brunch and work in the yard. Hah! All I wanted to do after that meal was snooze.

I didn't do much knitting this weekend either. Got the heel turned and the gusset stitches picked up and am now set to do the leg ribbing. Then I was working on another prototype felted bag - this time I'm getting smart and not doing a huge version but just a small one to check dimensions and see if the new handle idea I have works. But tonight I really want to dedicate myself to finishing up the left side of the Isabella and starting on the right. I am motivated to get that thing done!

This coming weekend I have been invited to accompany my friend McGarrah to a party he is performing at near Coeur d'Alene. He wants company and it would be nice to get out of town. But the coolest is that he wants me to sing a song at the gig. Cooler. It has been too many years since I've actually sung in front of a crowd. I used to love it and never got stage fright. It will be interesting to see if those things still hold true.

No comments: