13 August, 2007

Just the barest HINT of a bite in the air

When I went out to get the newspaper this morning I detected the slightest hint of a bite in the air. I know it's only mid-August and maybe it's purely psychosomatic on my part because preseason football has started and football = autumn. But still it was a little brisk this AM. I'm not trying to hurry time. Things move too quickly for my taste as it is.

I have sold a bag from my Etsy shop! I got an email from a woman this morning asking if she could purchase a ready made bag and I told her I just hadn't gotten around to listing them yet but I'd do it first thing and before it even showed up in my store she had purchased it. Fun! I'm curious to see if the kits go. As I said before, the ready made ones seem to sell but I would think a kit and a pattern would be a good seller. We'll soon see, won't we?

The newest Secret Pal starts Wednesday - Secret Pal 11 - and that means I've got to stop messing around and start back on some real knitting so I can have some interesting pictures to post. Heaven knows I've got some WIPs and I may even resurrect my Ogee Tunic! That'd be something. I am, truly, motivated to finish things but I keep getting side tracked - mostly by felted bags. This weekend I had plenty of time before and during the "concert"/party thingie and I worked on the sock ribbing until it got too dark to see. I have two more stripes to go and I can cast those suckers off (and away). No, I'll wear them. I love the feel of hand knitted socks. And it doesn't matter if they're ugly because I don't wear them with sandals.

It was a long weekend. McG and I drove from Seattle to Wenatchee on Saturday, I got a brief nap and then we headed off to the Columbia River where the party was going on. It is an annual party a woman friend of Mike's throws every year in a neighborhood that is mostly summer homes, but there are people that live there year around - about 20% according to one of the "natives" I spoke with. The music is mostly mediocre to bad with the exception of Mike, one other guy and a blues band. The rest of the time - this goes from 7 to midnight - it's just one excruciatingly bad performance after another. Yes, I am a bit picky when it comes to live music but still - amateur hour for sure, with the exceptions. My favorite part of the evening was the end when the children had gone off home and the locals were out in all their drunken glory and I was dancing on the grass in my bare feet. That was nice. Then at midnight we went back to the Best Western in Wenatchee and Sunday morning drove back to Seattle via the scenic route, stopping at a fruit stand on the way to get peaches and nectarines and the tastiest tomatoes in the world! OMG - I just about swooned when I sniffed those gorgeous tomatoes. I didn't even put them in a salad last night but just sliced them and sprinkled them with a bit of balsamic vinegar. Yummy!

The Seahawks played well in their first preseason game last night, beating the Chargers. I just watched the game - no knitting. And there won't be any tonight either because I'm going out dancing. But this week and the next - I'm going to be a knitting fool!!!!

2 comments:

Lick My Sticks said...

I detected that little bite too and I'm so excited for fall. Bring on the knitwear friendly weather!

Have fun in SP11, I sat this round out, need a break from postal responsibilities!

Anonymous said...

How happy are we that it's football season again?! I hate preseason, though- just get on with it already! Congrats on your Etsy sale!