03 August, 2007

Disaster averted ... kind of

I awoke to rain this morning. What a nice surprise and a nice break from the heat. Well ... for Seattle anyway, days and days of 80 degree weather is difficult when you don't have an air conditioner. My office ..... it is hot even with the window open and a fan to circulate the supposedly air conditioned air. I am at the end of the air conditioning duct and it doesn't seem to blow very cold over here. On the other hand, my friend's office on the other side of the building is so cold she needs to wear a sweater. Doesn't seem very efficient does it? Anyway, so I was a little off my game this morning, running on autopilot as usual and as I stopped to pick up my keys and put my bike helmet on I glanced in the mirror and .. yikes! No makeup! Got that fixed up and half way to work, as I was cursing the rain pelting my face, I realized I had forgotten my sunglasses and hadn't put on goggles either. Some days I wonder how I arrive at work at all.

Got the bag felted last night and got my sock up to the "turning the heel" spot. I spent quite a bit of the evening reading the new "Interweave Knits", which did indeed seem much larger this issue. I enjoyed reading it but I don't think there's a single thing in there that I would make, except maybe the cardigan with the cables at the yolk. Not that the designs weren't good, it's just that this issue nothing really jumped off the pages at me. Of course, I've got a few things in the pipeline as it is and don't need any more projects at the moment. Once the weather cools down a bit more I can get back with the sweaters but it is too darned hot for a lap full of sweater at the moment! Although I am just dying to get back to my Scoop de Jour, although that's probably because it's being done in Calmer and everybody knows how nice that stuff is, huh?

Before I finish up -- everybody send Nonnahs and her B some positive thoughts today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks so much for the positive thoughts. I can't wait until we can put this behind us!