01 August, 2007

They don't have to be single to chat you up in a bar

Here's a classic. [PJV, you are most likely not going to like this story.] My friend Lisa and I went out to hear some music a couple weeks ago. When the band went on break the drummer of the band approached me and started chatting. I had remembered him from when he played in another band that I saw a couple times at a now defunct bar near my house. I mentioned that and he introduced himself. Having learned the hard way that not all flirtatious men are sing, I said, "How many wives, girlfriends and children do you have"? He said, "No wife, no girlfriends and 2 sons, 18 and 20". We chatted some more about the music scene and he bought me a drink and then had to go back to work. He said something like ... see you on the next break .... or something to that effect. But Lisa wanted to go and she was driving so we left. I wanted to go dancing again this weekend and I love to dance to that funk and R&B music they play, so yesterday I looked up the band's web site to see if I could find out if they're playing. On the web site there were only dates for July but a link to be added to the mailing list. The link was his email address, so I sent an email saying how much I enjoyed the band and I wanted to thank him again for the drink and sorry I didn't get to stick around for the next break but I wanted to be on the mailing list. I got a message back .... from his wife. She said "Hello, this is xxxxx's wife. There is no mailing list". Can you believe it??? The nerve of that guy. And the stupidity. Let me ask you, do you think I have the word "gullible" written across me in some way that only married men can see? Oh well ....

I had to mow the lawn when I got home last night and then got some good work done on my second whimsical hairy bag. I need to find a name for it ... Anyway one more good night of work and then I should be done and I can put up two more bags on my Etsy site.

It's going to be hot again today. I need to run early so I'd better eat something!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE! The NERVE! Stupid men. :p

Lick My Sticks said...

!!!
What an asshole! His wife better have punched him one in the chops.

Jen said...

Oh, the jerk!