21 August, 2007

Proof - I have proof!


I am finishing things ... yes I am! Here's a picture of the finished socks. They are not very pretty, I know. I don't like the width of the stripes, nor the colors actually. But they are comfortable and will be good with boots or clogs for the winter. And I must admit I'd rather wear ugly hand knit socks than store bought ones.

I got a surprise in the mail yesterday -- it was a good day, really. My secret pal spoilee from last round (SP 10), Jen, dyes yarn. I could hardly wait for the exchange to be over so I could go to her Etsy shop and purchase some sock yarn. And as luck would have it she had just finished up a new batch of yarn and had a gorgeous colorway all set to sell. So as fast as I could I clicked into her Etsy shop Knitting Like Crazy and purchased this beautiful hank of yarn, which she calls Forbidden Forest. Isn't that beautiful? I can't wait to get started. Oh but I must -- I have lots of sock yarn now sitting on my shelf waiting for their turn. Click on over to her shop though and take a look. It's beautiful stuff.

And finally, I got the right front of Isabella finished and took the stitches off the holder and got a good start on the left side, before I went out last night (for the best Italian dinner I've had in years but that's another story for another time). Here's how she's looking this morning. I have a one o'clock massage appointment and I am going to be in the neighborhood of Little Knits so I am going to stop in while I'm there. Hopefully I can get some more knit on this tonight. Maybe even finish it? We'll see.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am glad you like the yarn! I always love the stuff I dye, but I always have that "uh oh" moment before I send it off to someone. You know, I start thinking, "Is it what they expected?" "Is this actually ugly?" Things like that! :)

I love your new socks and the Isabella. I thought long and hard about knitting Isabella, but I have too many other things I want to start too. Sometime soon!