10 August, 2007

Can you say football?

Oh my goodness - football season again! I watched the first pre-season game last night and finished up my latest felted bag. Knitting and football - it's just so .. so... right. Now if it would only cool down a bit so I could have a lap full of sweater and not be sweating to death. No - I don't mean it. I don't want to hurry the cool weather. I am just a bit anxious to get back to knitting garments rather than accessories. It's my own fault, but still.

So - I had a productive day working from home. There is so much going on work-wise this time of year. It's lucky that I have projects I can do from home because that dish guy didn't leave until nearly 2 o'clock!! It wasn't worth changing into my biking clothes since I was already handling stuff from home, so I finished up the day there. Then Tink got a bath - she was so dirty!! No matter that I put bark in all of the flower beds, she just scuffled around in them until she gets to the dirt and then plops down! I didn't let her out again after that except for the deck and the patio because if I don't watch her carefully, as soon as I let her outside after a bath she rolls in the dirt.

The latest felted bag experiment went surprisingly well. When I looked at it during the felting process I was not too happy, but I let it go all the way through the cycle and it has turned out pretty good. There is some tweaking to do with the pattern but overall I am happy with the structure and proportions and general design. I'll take pictures - it's drying now. I think I will add a button closure and re-think the structure of the handles. But I'm going to take a little break from bags and finish up a couple of my WIPs. Isabella first, because I am so close, and then the Scoop de Jour. I must! The new Secret Pal is starting up next week and I've got to have something new to talk about!!

Weekend in Eastern Washington. It'll be hot and dry. Maybe I'll take some pictures there as well.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am ready for the weather to cool down just a bit too! :)

Have a great weekend.