20 August, 2007

Hoorah for vacation

Okay ... even though I'm not going out of town, I'm still happy about having a whole entire week to sleep in and just do whatever I want. I had planned on doing gardening this weekend but it has been raining so that was out. Today after I do a few chores around the house I'm going to settle down and tackle Isabella. I have finished those socks and my resolve is set. I'm going to finish up Isabella and then finish up the fronts of Scoop de Jour and cast on and start the sleeves before I cast on another project (except socks, which don't count. I do already have another pair of them going).

Other things I want to do this week are get my circular needles into the great needle case Pam gave me, my SP10, and sort and straighten my stash. But hey, if I don't get to it I am not going to beat myself up. This is supposed to be a rest for me and I tell you, I have been resting! I think my friends are right when they say that my constant exhaustion lately is mostly likely a backlash from stress over all that I've been through this past month. I can't get enough sleep, that's for sure. Saturday and Sunday afternoons I slept! Napped!! But oh it was good. And today I got up at 8 to let the dog out, read the paper and then went back to bed and slept for another couple hours. I wonder when I'll be caught up?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for vacation! I'm glad you have some time off to rest and rejuvenate. You deserve it! I can totally relate to your desire for sleep. I did the same thing over the weekend. it was the first time in a long time I've felt normal. No work, no test results looming above us. I could finally relax! Of course, it was clost to 850 degrees, but good nonetheless. Enjoy your week!!