15 August, 2007

Public enemy No. 1

Yesterday afternoon I strolled up the Ave to send off a felted bag and to get new pictures for my passport renewal [I was thinking ... I've had a valid passport since I was 16 years old and I won't say how many years that is!!]. Anyway, there is a copy shop that I passed by that also takes passport pictures so I stopped in. The man that owns the place was talking to me as he was setting up for the photo, didn't even give me a "1,2,3" and shot the picture. Now I know we're not supposed to smile any more for the picture but I thought I had at least a pleasant look on my face. Not so .. not so my friends. I look like a convict. You know you see those booking photos of celebrities, like Nick Nolte when he was pulled over for DUI? Or Mel Gibson? You know, that slightly crazed look in their eyes, kinda droopy and drooling? Yup, that's what my picture looks like. Not only that but the lighting was bad and do I need to tell you what bad lighting can do ladies and gentlemen?? I am seriously considering getting another one taken. It's hideous.

I had a pleasant surprise yesterday evening WIP-wise. I had forgotten that I had finished all of the decreases, both neck and arm, for the fronts of the Scoop de Jour! I just have to finish up knitting on the 11 stitches until the length is the same as the back. I wish I had had the foresight to count rows like I did in the Isabella. It is just so hard to get an accurate length measured with Calmer, especially if there's ribbing. It's stretchy.

1 comment:

Lick My Sticks said...

I never take good ID pictures, the one I have now is the best I've ever had, but no one believes that it's me because I had bangs and longer hair. I can't win.

Can't wait to see the Scoop de Jour!