08 August, 2007

It is a case of the last straw

Comcast ... I have had it! My cable bill is outrageous even though I don't have a single premium channel. But I did have NFL network. DID have it. I tried to watch the channel a couple nights ago and found that they have now put it into a premium tier and if I wanted it I would have to pay for it. That just really steamed me!! I already pay too much. I was reading NFL.com and there was an article about what Comcast had done and they were suggesting calling and complaining (big deal ... like that's going to do any good) and changing to one of the satellite services. I had looked into that before but found the price of the HD-DVR tuner to be prohibitive. However, when I checked again yesterday they were giving them away to new customers so ... I signed up! Tomorrow they're coming to switch me over and Comcast is coming to pick up their equipment. I will have all the channels I currently have PLUS NFL network and I'll save $50 a month. Not bad.

I did not knit last night. McG came over and I cooked and we tried to decide what song I would do with him. I'm having second thoughts.

My arm is not as sore as it was yesterday but I am noticing as I type that it's starting to hurt again. So it's the typing and not the knitting that is the cause but knitting doesn't help it any. I should have taken another Naproxen this morning but I forgot. Oh well, I'll do it when I get home.

I was reading the paper last night and saw that Stevie Wonder announced a date at the winery - August 31. The tickets went on sale yesterday and sold out in 15 minutes! I somehow missed the announcement of ticket sales or I would have been right there! I would LLlllllove to see him! What a legend. My one friend with contacts at the winery all but laughed in my face when I called to ask about getting seats. Oh well ... would have been so cool.

No comments: