09 August, 2007

They can't all be fabulous

Mid-week birthdays are .... boring. I did my best. Had a little sparking wine, got some nice cake and it was fine. McG came by and brought a cute card and more wine and we had some laughs. What more can you ask for, really? Good friends are what it's about.

So, today I'm home. The cable box is gone and as I type the Dish man is putting up not one, but two satellite dishes because they need a separate one for the HD signal. What I did not count on, however, was that I would be seeing those (ugly) dishes when I look out of my window toward the deck. They had to mount them on the rail along the floor of the deck, above the patio, because of the sight lines to the satellite. Because my house has no fascia and the gutters are small and there isn't much clearance between the house next door, and it's illegal to mount them over living space (i.e., on any part of my roof), that was the only place the guy could put them. How long before I stop seeing only them when I look out my window? I'm really not happy about it but I'm kind of stuck now. If I find it's too steep a price to pay I can change it out next spring. I think I can stand it for a year. Well, I'll have to I guess. At least they're not visible from the street.

I was washing up this morning while I was waiting and noticed that the water wasn't getting very hot. Uh-oh... McG had spent the night and so I asked him if he'd noticed anything and he said when he had his shower yesterday he noticed the water wasn't very hot. Grrreat .... I thought I'd check the breakers first because I had flipped one a few days before and sure enough, I had accidentally flipped the water heater as well! Oh joy! That's the good news for the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated B-day! Wine and cake- sounds pretty good to me. ;) Oh, and yeah- we have the dual dishes up at our place as well. Seems like they should be able to come up with a better solution, but whatever...

Sherrill said...

I'm a baaaaadddd old SP...would that fall into the same catagory as an ex? Hopefully not...my pitiful excuse is I have been screaming busy with my new job and I joined a gym...home later than ever before just to scramble to make dinner. Even my blog reading has been seriously lagging.

Soooo, my dear, fun, fantastic old secret pal...happy belated birthday. As gorgeous and in shape as you are...I say "bring on those birthdays"! Cheers!