02 August, 2007

Kick start me!

I cannot get it going this morning. I slept okay, didn't have much trouble getting out of bed even, but I am just barely keeping my eyes open and it's only 9:30. Perhaps it is because I've got so much work to do. Or maybe it's construction fumes. Whatever ... I've got to shake it off and get moving.

Yesterday evening was just lovely - the weather is so great! I had a nice cold Stella on the deck of the local pub while waiting for the sushi place to make my dinner, then Tinkie and I walked back home and I relaxed and nearly finished the bag I'm working on. I could have finished it up but not gotten it into the washing machine, so I left 1/2 a row and binding off for tonight, then I'll pop it into the washer. Maybe I can even finish the heel of the second (ugly) sock. I do so want to finish those up so I can use some pretty sock yarn. [Memo to self: Quit buying ugly sock yarn!!]

I've got a busy weekend building. Saturday the Seahawks are having a scrimmage and I'm going down for that in the evening, meeting my friend R whose son is going to the football camp in the morning. Then Sunday my friend R also invited me to join her and her son and their Japanese exchange student for brunch at the Space Needle and the Blue Angels are going to do a fly by! That'll be cool. Hoping also to get work done in the garden and, if the bass player has been replaced, to have a rehearsal as well AND maybe even go out to hear some music on Saturday. Almost sounds like too much ..... when will I knit?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm the wrong person to be requesting a kick start from. I'm SO tired these days! Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead, though- have a good time! Me, I'll be spending the day at the hospital tomorrow while B undergoes his (hopefully) final test. Well, at least I'll get to knit, right?