07 August, 2007

Too much of a good thing?

Last Monday I noticed that my left hand was sore, especially around the base of my thumb. I assumed it was from playing golf, since I do it so rarely. One week later and it's not better. In fact yesterday it was hurting me quite a bit. The pain is now going all the way up my arm and into my shoulder, which leads me to believe it's an inflammation from a combination of the tons of computer work I had to do last week - lots of copy and paste movement - and knitting. I noticed Sunday night that my hand got awfully sore while knitting (yet another) felted bag prototype. Since, unfortunately, I can't take any time off work until August 21, I might have to curtail my knitting. Maybe I'll just try to take tonight off and see how it feels tomorrow. And I have done the major part of the donkey work on my sites for school and spreadsheets for the meeting I'm helping the chairman with. Don't ask why his secretary can't do it ... I have no earthly idea ... and the only positive coming out of it is that I might get a trip to Hawaii in December and I don't know about you, but I'd do just about anything for a free trip to Hawaii in December! It's worth a bit of discomfort. This morning I took a good anti-inflammatory and no weight lifting today. Must nip this thing in the bud.

The clouds have moved in, which is not typical for August. It was raining on my ride into work. At least I had my glasses this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, how horrible! I hope some rest helps and you feel better soon. That's no fun! Unlike the free trip to Hawaii, which would be tons of fun!