29 August, 2007

It's dry!

My Isabella .... I fondled it on the way out this morning and it's totally and completely dry. You know that that means, don't you? I now must steel myself to weave in the ends and start sewing the thing up. Holy cow, that is going to be some tough chore. I'll have to do it in stages. Then there will still be finishing to do on the armholes. I want to be able to wear it before it gets too cold.

My plan for last night was to practice (learn) the songs I'm going to be singing for that new band tonight and simultaneously finish up the fronts of the Scoop de Jour and cast on the sleeves. Well, that plan was derailed by a charming smile and an offer of a dinner at my favorite sushi restaurant. Ah well ... that means I'll be singing as I work today, in between meetings, and finishing up the Scoop de Jour tomorrow evening while I watch the last pre-season football game - Seahawks and Raiders. Or that's the new plan anyway.

I have been dabbling just a teensie bit in Ravelry. I think I am going to be spending a few hours this weekend just putting stuff up, photographing my stash, etc. I haven't really even explored it much yet. There is just so much. It's an incredible place. What an idea, eh? I signed up for a couple groups and haven't even been able to explore them. Now I understand what Baa Bonny Belle was saying about getting sucked in. Wow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vacation. I'm being such a slug this week...it's fabulous!! :) Yay, you're on Ravelry! It's completely overwhelming, and they keep adding features. You could get totally lost in there. Have fun! :) I'll see you there!

Kerry said...

What's your id??? Mine is kerryknits. I can't wait to see Isabella!