21 April, 2011

A disturbance in the sleep zone

I have been saying that since I've been on my own I've been sleeping extremely well.  Last night was the second night that I have had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep.  Both times I had this problem I had taken a cup of herbal tea before bed and that is the only common thread between those nights.  The teas are herbal and meant to be taken at bedtime so I am at a loss as to why or rather what is stimulating in those cups of tea!  Luckily I had planned on working from home today so I was able to sleep in until 8 and I feel fine but still, I'd like to know what caused that.

And speaking of feeling fine - my running has been going extremely well too.  Both runs on Monday and Tuesday were strong and, if I am to believe my NikeGPS app, faster than I have been going lately.  I took yesterday off from running because it was noon knitting and today I'm working from home and don't have a running bra.  I had purchased a new workout bra a couple weekends ago with hopes that I had found a substitute for the expensive running bras I have to buy.  Unfortunately that is not the case.  I can't run in that bra and it goes to show you get what you pay for.  I have ordered a second running bra to leave at home because my new workout disk has me running and I need it to be comfortable.  Also, on days when I can't run outside and want to run on the new treadmill I would need it as well.

Last night I worked on the sleeves of the Green Gable and watched the first episode of the new HBO show, "Game of Thrones".  It was gory.  And crude.  And I had a great deal of trouble following the relationships between the characters.  I'll give it another go, but first episode was kind of creepy and hard to watch.

My wireless connection at home is so zippy fast!  And with the southern exposure there is lots of light.  It's quiet and a nice place to work.  I'm not so busy though.  I am, in fact, getting quite antsy and it would be nice to be busier at work.  Maybe I am a bit bored with all this solitude.  I feel it has its purpose and while I'd like to be social I think it would serve me better to lay low for a couple more months.  What I need is a vacation to plan, to have something to look forward to.  November it WAY too far off to get any satisfaction from planning.  Since my cousins have been planning a family reunion June 25, I am going to take the following week off and as a bonus will get Monday July 4th.  My sister can't commit to anything right now although I know she wants to come for the reunion.  Her life is in such a flux at present, also she has a show to get ready for in early June.  This is all very frustrating for me and I don't know if I should just make plans on my own (not my first choice) or what.  Patience is not my strong suit these days, it seems.  I will try to give her another few weeks before I start pushing again.

No comments: