11 April, 2011

No more excuses!!

Friday I did not run at lunchtime.  My reason - my calf muscles were so sore I was hobbled.  But that is the end of excuses.  I don't care how sore my legs are of if it's raining or .. whatever.  I have to run Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday for the next three weeks because I am going to run that 5K on May 1st.  I will, however, take my afternoon runs down to 30 minutes from the hour I was doing before, since I am getting plenty more exercise after work.  I don't want to over do it, I just want to be ready to go for another personal record.

I had a great weekend and I realized something on Saturday.  I have been really really depressed!  This is probably not news to those outside of my head, but I hadn't recognized how down I was.   I knew leaving that ridiculous marriage was the right thing to do, but I didn't truly understand how it had been affecting all aspects of my life.  I feel energized and happy and like there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done.  And nothing seems a chore ... well, except vacuuming and dusting. 

Saturday was chore day.  After walking Tinkerbell to the lake and back (1 1/2 hours) I headed to the salon for a facial, then to the mall for a few essentials and finally the grocery store.  There were a couple items of clothing that I was missing and figured they must be in a box of summer clothes, so my next chore was to sort through those clothes and hopefully locate the missing items.  I also rearranged the dresser drawers and then bang! it was time to walk Tink again and make dinner.  Since I had done all my chores and running around on Saturday, Sunday was left for relaxation and knitting.  But for some odd reason I woke at 8 am Sunday, rolled over and the next thing I knew it was 10!!  I so rarely sleep that late, unless I've been out late.  Took Tink again for a nice long walk - this one for two hours - and then after the newspaper sat down to put together the Cloisonne Jacket.  That took hours - sew up the sleeves, sew up the shoulders and then sew in the sleeves.  And it looks great!  I am very pleased.  Tonight or tomorrow night I will pick up the stitches for the collar, then knit the bands and sew them down.   I have also been working on a project bag to be felted - that's my mindless knitting these days.  I had meant to frog that white angora sweater.  Maybe when I finish up the bag.

And now here's Monday!  I have tons of work to do.  Here's hoping I have a good run this afternoon.

No comments: