27 April, 2011

It won't be long now

I was noticing, while walking Tink around the gardens, that the lilacs will be opening soon!  The trees are leafed out and the buds are dark and big.  Unfortunately I also notice that they are situated in a way that I won't be able to get up close and take a sniff!  Have you noticed, you can never buy lilac blooms at the flower markets -- at least not at the ones in the nice grocery stores.

It wasn't raining yesterday at lunchtime, so I took my run in the neighborhood rather than the treadmill in the fitness center.  The route I chose was rather hilly, but I didn't have much choice in that.  I didn't run very fast, but at least I kept up for the entire 30 minutes and I felt good and strong.  It may rain for the rest of the week, but it is supposed to be nice on Sunday.

That thieving girl brought my clothes back yesterday.  I can't ... I am just still so incredibly angry about this!  I don't know what galls me more -- that she was rooting around in my closets and dresser drawers with impunity or that she had the colossal nerve to be abusive towards me when I accused her.  I am just going to have to let it go, because there is no way to make peace with it. 

I had a phone call from Gregg last night as I was in the middle of my workout.  I couldn't really stop to talk to him, but we agreed to meet this Saturday to start rehearsing for our little spot on the 22nd.  I am happy and excited to be doing this.  I am going to see him early Saturday evening.

I brought the Cloisonne Jacket in with me today for noon knitting.  I haven't touched it since last Wednesday.  Shame on me, I know.  What have I been doing?  Working on the Shining Bird's Eye shawl - 6 1/2 more repeats to go.  I was musing, as I was working on it this weekend -- didn't I say after the Frost Flowers Stole that I wouldn't ever do another lace project that didn't have a purl back row?  Not only am I doing just that, but it's a single motif and the markers move every other row!  It is going to be lovely ... I keep saying that and it is true.  Still ... no more with the lace projects that don't have a purl back row!!  Hold me to it now, will you??

No comments: